Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday

Today was pretty busy in the morning but then it slowed down nicely. I probably got through another 150 magazines on the to- call list. Out of those 150, about 20 wanted our information and said they would look into running the ad. After me and the other interns shot out for lunch, I worked the spreadsheet. Instead of calling, I was the one handling the spreadsheet, assigning people different groups of magazines to call while recording everything down. It got a bit confusing with three people calling different magazines at the same time so I had to stay ahead of the curve. Compartmentalizing information and properly recording it is key here. There is nothing worse than sending an information packet to a prospective magazine that has the name of the advertising director written wrong or the magazine itself misspelled. While errors are hard to eliminate completely, the best that can be done is severely reduce the possibility for them to occur. That is why checking, and rechecking the information written down against another person is a necessity. 

Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment