Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Almost halfway finished!

Thankfully, today slowed down a bit in the office. The only problem I ran into was parking. There was an in- flight emergency procedures training event going on in the parking lot throughout the day and the trailer in which it all took place was parked right outside the office. While it was interesting to watch and talk with the people involved, parking my car was an issue. It took me 10 minutes to find a space. Other than parking, I was mainly left to keep working on calling back around 20 corporations that haven't returned my calls yet. If they haven't returned my calls within a week, I call back again and leave another message. Tomorrow I will call back the flight departments I called on the 6th. Today, I called back the ones I originally called on the 4th and 5th. When I was done with that task, I helped the other interns call up magazines. We are trying to put a pro- bono ad in as many magazines as possible to get the word out to prospective patients and corporations. Check out this month's Flying magazine; there is a full page Corporate Angel Network advertisement near the front! Although we have mainly advertised in aviation publications up to this point, many other types of popular magazines are giving us free space to run the ad as well as a banner on their website. If all goes according to plan, we should see our patient numbers skyrocket! Hopefully, we will be able to account for the rise in demand with more flights. Part of this will be my job, inlisting new corporations to provide us with flights. I should start this part of the project fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment