Today was my first day at Corporate Angel Network. Even though I worked there last summer, it was great to be back and see some familiar faces. They immediately started me off filing patient flight sheets in a filing cabinet which took about an hour. After that was through, I started on my main project, calling different corporate flight departments to make sure our information on them was still current and up to date. Due to the poor economy, many businesses have gotten rid of their flight departments to cut costs. It is a very important job to call up all the corporations involved with C.A.N. to make sure they are still able to provide flights to patients. After I did some work on this task, I imputted flight schedules into a computer. Corporations send us their flight schedules throughout the week. This allows the organization to match a flight with a patient in need of one. Lastly, I worked the phones for about two hours registering patients and looking for possible flights. It was a very rewarding day, and I look foward to making more headway on my main project tomorrow while also helping with general office work. Tuesdays are the craziest days in the office so I will likely have my hands full.
Reed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reed, this is a really awesome senior project! I'll be sure to follow your adventures on your blog! Good luck!
ReplyDelete